Saturday, 25 February 2012

The March of Time

The current challenge at Craft Room, click here, is Chocolate Brown, Orange and Cream, to be interpreted anyway you like.  

If we were playing a word association game I would come up with the following:  chocolate orange, chocolate creams and wait for it,  chocolate brownies!!  A delicious combo of yummy chocolate sweets in anyone's book, or is that just me?   Anyway, I felt a more masculine project would suit the colours best, so I decided to make a tag, stamping watch images from two different stamps.


I cut the main tag in chocolate brown card then a smaller tag from a cream, textured card onto which I stamped the large fob watch image using orange StazOn.  I stamped a second image onto scrap paper to use as a mask and then stamped the watch elements over the top using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.

I stamped the large fob watch again onto cream card in orange and layered this onto the central image.  The other watches are from the elements stamp, all in orange.  The phrase 'tempus fugit' was stamped on the torn brown card using Vintage Photo which produced almost a watermark effect which I hadn't expected but was really pleased with.

The card edges were inked with the orange StazOn and the brown eyelet inserted using the Crop-a-Dile.

Blogger Templates


7 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
I love your way of thinking!!!!
Such a lovely colour combination and the outcome, a fabulous tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

great tag Sue, thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Maria said...

Hi Sue, no that's not just you, chocolate anything is a big weakness of mine :-)! A gorgeous tag, I love all the stamping, and the watermark effect you've achieved looks really cool. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Zoe Sanderson said...

I'm with you Chocolate Orange was foremost in my mind when coming up with this fortnights theme. The tag you made is fabulous thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Nikki Byrne said...

What a great tag! love it :o) Thank you for joining ust at Craft-room challenge and good luck.

Nikki DT

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Beautiful tag , so lovely!

Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck and welcome again next Tuesday;-))m

hazel said...

This is a fabulous tag Sue. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.