Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Make It a Guy Thing

Over at FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGES the theme is 'Make It a Guy Thing' which for me, is never that easy because most of my crafting goodies are geared toward female projects.  But this is a challenge blog after all, so best idea forward.

I really wanted to use more modern images but my stash of male orientated stamps is limited as I don't make that many projects with a male theme.  However,  I do have some lovely Crafty Individuals stamps and used two of these for the main images to make a pencil pot for Keith's desk.



First I stamped the watches onto brown parcel paper using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone, then stamped the car image onto acetate using black StazOn and when dry cut out just the car.  I then stamped two large pocket watch images onto acetate using a free stamp from Craft Stamper Magazine.   I die cut the cogs and two spanners using the Cricut and Indie Art cartridge, inked them with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and sprayed twice with Glimmer Mist in Gingerbread.



I stuck all the elements onto the paper strip before sticking to the pot, stamping the title text from the car plate first.  Then I stuck a large spanner at the back of the pot to hide the join in the paper strip and added the wording onto a mini peg.

Blogger Templates


6 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
Wonderful use of the CI stamps that you have in your stash. I love that you created something practical.
Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your altered tin looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Mrs.B said...

This is a great idea and perfect for our challenge. Lots of interesting stamped elements and details.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Avril

Cath Wilson said...

That's a cracking gift for a man - love it and the quote is perfect. Great work x

Terry said...

What a great alteration! Now this is too clever and what a great "Guy Thing." Love all the images! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Sue C said...

Great project Sue, love the images you've used and the parcel paper has worked beautifully. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x