Sunday, 12 February 2012

Craft Room Challenge - Definitely Out of My Comfort Zone

At Craft Room the current challenge is Cute and Cuddly!  Now this is definitely not one of my favourite themes, in fact, I never do cute and cuddly anything and I don't colour images in either, so this really is not one of my better offerings.  However, a challenge blog is there to do just that, challenge us so, best foot forward and all that.

Now as usual, once I'd spent a couple of days deliberating over what to make 
 I then got stuck on a theme.  I decided to make a card using a stamped image and couldn't seem to deviate from it, even when I knew it wasn't really working that well.  Anyway, here it is.


This as close to cute and cuddly as I get with the image stamped in black and two shades of blue ink;  StaZon blue and Distress Ink in Broken China.  I can't say I'm pleased with the end result but I gave it my best shot. 

 This certainly challenged me, how about you?

oooOooo

Now I want to say a great big THANK YOU to Lynne at Adorn who has very kindly chosen me to receive one of her beautiful creations, in addition to the main winners of her BloggerVersary  giveaway.  If you haven't seen her blog yet you're missing out on a real treat.  Scroll down the sidebar and click on her button to be transported to creative heaven.

Blogger Templates


4 comments:

Zoe Sanderson said...

Oh I am so with you on this one Sue! It was a real struggle to come up with a DT piece LOL

Love your card the cat and mouse are lovely and the colour is fabulous. Thank you for stepping out of your zone and sharing with us at Craft-Room XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Hi Sue, congratulations on your win over at Adorn, you lucky lady! Enjoy! A lovely cute n cuddly card, I love the image and the touches of blue. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Esther said...

that's a cute cat image..and lovely shades of blue..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

hazel said...

A super cute card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.