Saturday, 28 January 2012

Oh How I Love Thee, My Valentine

Over at Craft Room the current challenge is 'Valentines' which is great because I've had this heart shaped box for ages now and this challenge kick-started me into decorating it.  If you want to take part yourself click HERE or scroll down the sidebar for their button.


The box had little chocolates in and was originally two shades of pink so I painted it first with cream acrylic paint then brushed thinly over the top with white paint.  When dry I stamped the lid and box sides with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and a music score stamp.  The kissing couple are from a Crafty Individuals stamp which was repeat stamped onto white card, again using Vintage Photo and then the couple cut out and stuck on for form a border.  I inked the edges of the lid with a little gold StazOn and smeared some onto the lid as well.



The flowers were layered together as was the tag, which was cut from cream card and stamped. The two hearts were layered together and added and the decorative pin was made using beads and a flat topped earring pin. 
Blogger Templates


6 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue
This is gorgeous. Beautiful vintage style and love the colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Maria said...

Wow, I love this Sue. The kissing couple looks fabulous repeat stamped, and I love the colours. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Nikki Byrne said...

Stunning heart shaped decorated beautifully :o) thank you for joining us at craft-room challenge and good luck. Nikki DT

Zoe Sanderson said...

WOW! Sue this is up-cycling at its very best fantastic makeover. always a delight to see what you make of our little challenge thank you for bringing this to us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

lovely sue, just a note for future, I notice you don't link to your post, just your blog, this means you might miss out on comments :-( thanks for joining us at Craft Room challenge again, Debi x

hazel said...

This is fabulous Sue, I love the colours that you've used. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.