Sunday, 6 November 2011

In The Meantime .....

Well the windows are finished, just need to paint the new wood around them, hang the curtains and put everything back.  Until that's done, hopefully next weekend, I still can't do any crafting but in the meantime here are couple of pictures of a project I started in the summer and fully intend to finish before Christmas.  Yes I know, famous last words.

I have a collection of small blue and white china objects which until recently adorned the windowsill and dressing table in my bedroom but I decided I'd like to display them somewhere more prominent but not on a shelf.  I started looking around for a small lightweight cabinet to put on the wall and eventually found this one in a charity shop.  It was the perfect size and weight and I liked the style also it was plain and ready to be altered. 




I sanded the wood down first then gave it a couple of coats of white paint which didn't cover completely allowing the wood colour to show through slightly, giving a weathered look. 

As soon as my crafting space is up and running again I'll get on with this project and plan to use stamps, stencils and other adornments to finish this off.  Watch this space!

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Maria said...

Soooo much potential here! It looks much nicer lightened up - I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this lovely piece! Maria x