Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Haven't Got One - Make Your Own!!

That's it!  I couldn't wait until the weekend when the room will be put back, more or less as normal, so I squeezed and pushed and managed to get access to some of my crafty items to make this card for the Crafts on the Net November challenge which is 'Only Words'.  

Word block stamps seem to be on-trend just now but I don't have any so I decided to make my own using a clear sentiment stamp set.  As a colleague is leaving soon I chose the two most appropriate sentiments for this occasion and then played around on scrap paper until I came up with this layout.  Then I stamped it onto plain white card using black StazOn.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out and the fact that some of the words are a bit wobbly adds to the homemade feel which I like.  It may not be as striking and crisp as a manufactured rubber stamp but I'd definitely try this again provided I have the right sentiments.

Blogger Templates


No comments: