Monday, 10 October 2011

The Xmas Factor

Yes it's time to start thinking about stirring the pudding and making the cards.  Christmas is on it's way.  I think it's fun to play around with different ideas for cards before deciding on one or two designs that I want to use and this year I can sell these trial cards to raise money for Cancer Research.  I'm taking part in the Relay for Life on 24th September as part of a large team of teachers from school.

For the first trial idea I used the free stamp with the October issue of Craft Stamper Magazine which is a grunge star.  I used a white card blank and made masks of the image then double and single stamped with blue StazOn to give variety.  I used silver embossing powder to add more stars to finish the background and die cut the sentiment using the Cricut and Gypsy Wanderings font.


I like the fun, modern feel this effect has and as an alternative to the more traditional colours and images, I think it's definitely got potential and I love having a go at making my own backgrounds.  There will be more trial and error cards to come but in the meantime why not have a go at creating your own background papers or card blanks.

Blogger Templates


No comments: