Friday, 21 October 2011

Journal Your Christmas

Woohoo!  It's nearly that time again.  Yes folks, it'll soon be time for Shimelle Laine's fantastic on-line class Journal Your Christmas.  I joined in last year for the first time and really enjoyed it.  If you want to check it out click HERE

I decided to make my own album again this year using my Bind-it-All but with acrylic covers for a change.  I did consider making a bigger album but when I looked at last year's I really liked the 8" x 8" size and as I managed to fill the pages without running out of space, I've opted for the same size again.  Here's the completed album cover.

I used a cream embossed cardstock and highlighted some of the embossed stars with red StazOn before adding the 2 pieces of red card at the top and bottom to create my cover page.  Then I stamped onto the acrylic cover using red StazOn for the title and black for the sleigh image.  The fact that the lettering is slightly wonky is not by design but I think it adds to the feel of the album.  You might think that I've used rather large O wires for the binding but last year my album became quite bulky with pieces of ephemera that were added so I wanted to make sure that there was enough room to turn the pages comfortably.
Shimelle's class begins on 1st December and continues through to the New Year but you can choose when to stop your album.  Last year I kept going until New Year's day but this time I'm going to stop on Boxing Day and then add New Year's Eve only.
This year I've decided I'm definitely going to journal my Christmas as it comes, warts and all!!  Not as easy as you think when we're so used to taking the best photo and using it in our albums but the whole point of this class is to document what really happens and the way things really look.  So no more tidying up the mess before snapping away with the camera, or moving ornaments and placing them artfully next to the subject.  
Blogger Templates


No comments: