Sunday, 30 October 2011

Autumnal Card Challenge

October's card challenge at Crafts on the Net was Autumn or Hallowe'en and as I have enough of Hallowe'en at work, I opted for Autumn but with a difference.  I used the colours of Autumn but images from a Chinese stamp set, using a Bonsai tree as the main image.

Using red, orange and yellow StazOn, I stamped a large blossom image from the set onto the white card blank then overstamped with a smaller cherry blossom branch in black StazOn.  I die cut a white and red oval using the Cricut and the Gypsy Wanderings font and double stamped the blossom image onto the white oval in orange to give a faint background picture.  Then I used the 3 Autumn colours to ink the Bonsai stamp to complete the main image.  I edged the white oval in gold Pentouch and inked the edge of the red oval with black StazOn before matting and layering the two with 3D Foam.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Gorgeous, Autumnal colours.
Sue, thank you so much for your message of Congratulations.
Wishes
Lynne