Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Take the Tag Off that LBD

Over at Happy Daze Design Team the challenge is Little Black Dress, which in crafting terms means the technique or product you couldn't manage without.  Well I knew exactly what these would be and set to work making a tag for a change.

I use a lot of Distress Inks in both stamping and making my own background papers and these together with my favourite rubber stamps have been used on nearly every project in one way or another.  For this tag I used Distress Ink in Pumice Stone and Crafty Individuals script stamp CI - 017 to make the background for the tag itself.


 Then I used Glimmer Mist in Sapphire, sprayed onto plain white card and when dry, used black and blue StazOn to stamp elements from the corsetry stamp CI -306.  As you can see from the image above, the Glimmer Mist gave just the right 'splattered' effect to make the cardstock look old. 


I stuck the lace down with Glossy Accents and then used 3D foam for the individual pieces, adding a few gems in blue, silver and black to finish off.

I love the way this turned out and as luck would have it, the current challenge at 
Fashionable Stamping Challenges is Tags of any kind so I'll enter this one.  Click HERE to take you to their wonderful challenge blog.

Blogger Templates


13 comments:

stampdiva said...

This is just so pretty and love your colour choice (and stamp choice!)
Wishes
Lynne

Dots Dabbles said...

A gorgeous tag Sue, I love how the tap is "overflowing" with different interesting bits ~ great effect! Very creative. Thankyou so much for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges..good luck!
Dot x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Sue, that's a beautiful tag with great elements. Love the use of the lace. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping challenges.

Ephemera said...

Absolutely beautiful tag, the colours are so soft and delicate & I love all the individual elements.
Thanks for joining the Happy Daze challenge. X

Debbie said...

Fabulous, delicate tag! Love all your sewing images and the soft colours!

Netty said...

Beautiful dreamy tag, loving the delicacy of it. Annette x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is beautiful, Sue. Love those stamps! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

Lucy x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Apologies, your link took me to your most recent posting and I thought I had missed you out!

Lucy x

Shirl said...

Oh my Sue what a gorgeous tag just soooo right for our challenge. Adore that corsetry stamp.

Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous tag, love the stamps you used, thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous tag, love your little 'distressed' elements.
Thanks for joining Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Avril

Moira said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Ginger said...

Love how you have used the CI stamps on this. x