Saturday, 3 September 2011

Ribbon or Lace?

Over at Fashionable Stamping Images, the current challenge which closes on 10th September is Ribbon or Lace.  http://www.fashionablestampingchallenges.cottagecrafts.ie/ or click the link on the sidebar to check it out.

Here's my entry which I made for a friend's birthday using a pale pink pearlescent card.  I threaded the lavender ribbon through the cream lace to make a lovely border for the bottom of the card and used Crafty Individuals stamp CI - 306, which has much more on it but I only wanted these two images for the card. 


First I smudged Distress Inks in Milled Lavender and Pumice Stone over a piece of white cardstock then using small post-it notes to mask off  the parts I didn't want to use, stamped the receipt element in black StazOn and the corset stand onto cream linen.  I frayed the edges of the linen and used Glossy Accents to fix both images to the card.  I stuck the lavender ribbon around these images and finished off with some  gems, a ribbon bow and ribbon rose.

  Blogger Templates


5 comments:

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Sue,
Isn't Pumice Stone an amazing colour!!! It is perfect for what you have created here. You have gone to a lot of effort and the effect is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Boutique.
Dot x

stampdiva said...

Sue
Thank you for joining the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
A beautiful card you have made for your friend. I think you know how much I love your stamp choice :)
Wishes
Lynne

Shirl said...

How delicious looking is that white linen with the stamped corset stand.

Lace, ribbon and stamped receipt all blend in superbly, such an adorable card.

Thank you for sharing such a delectable piece with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful card and great use of the lace.
Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Mrs.B said...

This is a gorgeous card and you have used my favourite CI stamps.
The dress form looks great stamped on the frayed linen, and thats a lovely piece of lace and ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Avril