Sunday, 18 September 2011

My First Waterfall Card, What a Challenge

Now I don't usually make unusual shaped or moving cards but that's where challenge blogs and forums come into their own because they push you to come out of your comfort zone. This month's card challenge at Crafts on the Net forum is a Kinetic card so, thanks to Jacki who sets the challenge, off I went to YouTube at her suggestion to find a tutorial. This is a great way of learning new techniques as you can stop and start as you make along and there are loads to choose from. I just clicked the first one I came to which was by Kim Burmeister and I found it detailed and easy to follow so here is the result.

I used cream and black cardstock, red and black StazOn and stamps from a set of  Chinese
images.  To make the background I used one of the many blossom stamps then chose 4 different images and a small blossom stamp for each of the cards on the waterfall. 

This turned out to be a really easy card to put together once I had decided on the images to use but I would have struggled without the YouTube tutorial.  I'm a visual and kinesthetic learner, in other words I have to see and do in order to understand and learn.  So the tutorial was perfect. 
Blogger Templates


No comments: