Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Autumn Leaves

The August issue of Craft Stamper Magazine had a lovely leaf stamp as the free gift and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be a versatile image to use.

Here's a birthday card I made using the stamp and StazOn ink in red, yellow and orange.  I made two masks first so that I could layer the images on the cream card stock.  I used two or three colours on each leaf so the colours looked more natural and autumnal and then matted and layered this onto red mirror board and then onto the card blank. 


I stamped the image again using red and bronze embossing powder and cut these leaves out to add  dimension.  A stamped sentiment, matted and layered onto more red mirror board finished the card.

Thinking ahead, how about stamping the leaves in various shades of green, cutting them out and making a Christmas wreath either for the front of a card or as a decoration.  Stamp and cut the leaves and string together to make a garland or a long vine to decorate a large candle, or stamp onto tissue paper and heat transer onto the candle.  Just a few ideas for what I think you'll agree is a lovely, versatile image.
Blogger Templates


No comments: