Thursday, 11 August 2011

What A Lovely Project

Craft Stamper Magazine is always filled with beautiful and inspiring ideas but in the August issue there was one particular project from Debbie Dolphin which caught my eye.  The project was to make a lovely book card  and the article was called 'Delicate Folds' P.46  and it looked so stunning I couldn't stop going back to the article time and time again.  So I gathered everything I needed and here is my interpretation.


I used the same white Bazzill cardstock and 2 sheets from my current favourite paper pack Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby to line the outer and inner panels of the cover, securing some contrasting organza ribbon under these to tie the book together.  I then inked a piece of plain white card roughly with Distress Inks in Milled Lavender and Brushed Corduroy and then overstamped this with a script stamp from Crafty Individuals CI - 017 and used this for the smaller panel on the front of the card.  Here's a piece that turned out a little too dark so I started again with less of the Brushed Corduroy.


You get the idea and you can see how easy it is to make your own customised cardstock to match a project.  This piece has triggered another idea for a later project too. 

The dark purple lace panel was cut on the Cricut using the Cindy Loo cartridge and in the centre of this I placed a die cut clock face with a small watch part in the centre.

.

The accordion folds for the main part of the card were easy to do following Debbie's instructions and I inked the edges of mine in gold StazOn.


I used a lace-edge punch to make the frame round the edge of the folds and then used a tiny daisy punch to cut some pale peach pre-cut corners.  Once these were stuck on I distressed all the edges with an emery board.

I used the same Distress inked cardstock to stamp some cherry blossoms, from a PaperMania clear stamp set, in black ink which I then cut out.  I cut some of the garlands up for the outer frame and used the rest whole to make a frame inside the card.


I added more Brushed Corduroy ink to the background card to make it darker and stamped the butterfly from Crafty Individuals CI - 061 and mounted this with foam pads inside the blossom garland, also mounted on foam pads.

I loved this project and would definitely make this again as it's perfect for a really special occasion and the inside can easily be personalised.



2 comments:

jackid said...

OMG Sue this is stunning I have that magazine to and like yourself have looked and looked at the project and thought there is no way I could make this and I really don't think I could but hats off to you Sue for going ahead and doing it and doing it so well BTW there are two blog with DT calls if you are interested crafty ribbons and critters sketch callenge the deets are on my blog
Jacki xx

stampdiva said...

Sue this is gorgeous. Beautiful colours, stamps and detail.
Wishes
Lynne