Wednesday, 17 August 2011

An Oriental Affair

Life over the last few days has been hectic, challenging and tiring which hasn't left very much time for anything else, let alone crafting.   However, I did manage to make this card using a new set of  PaperMania clear stamps.  I've wanted some Chinese themed stamps for ages but couldn't find a set which was versatile enough.  This double set fits the bill nicely with a selection of trees, blossoms, symbols, fans and lanterns. 

First I used the Chinese symbols and gold StazOn to stamp onto the black Bazzill cardstock to make the background which I matted and layered onto gold mirror card and the card blank.  Then I took the largest fan image and stamped this onto gold mirror card using black StazOn.  I added some silver gems to the flowers on the fan, punched a hole in the bottom and threaded black and gold embroidery thread through it. I secured the gold ribbon around the spine of the card before adding the fan, using foam pads for dimension and completed the card by adding an insert onto which I stamped the fan image again. 

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

jackid said...

Sue this is beautiful love the fan a very pretty card love the papers too
I hope things have settled down a bit now
Jacki xx