Saturday, 6 August 2011

July's ATC Swap at Crafts on the Net

The theme for this month was weaving - in any shape or form.  Ages ago I bought a pack of brightly coloured 6" x 6" woven sheets so I simply snipped a bit off one of them, added a piece cut from one of those bags you get fruit in and stuck them both together.  I wanted to add a little poem or quote but couldn't find anything I liked, not even on my usual site Quote Garden.  So I made one up (although if there is already a quote like this I didn't knowingly plagiarise and I apologise).


The second card proved much harder and it took me over 3 weeks to come up with an idea and then it was purely by chance.  I was tidying up my rubber stamps and found the free stamp from the May issue of Craft Stamper Magazine which is a hot air balloon and that gave me my idea.

  I used the stamp to create the background and then wove thin strips of paper to make the balloon basket, adding some hand-drawn ropes.  Next I needed someone or something in the basket and as I really enjoyed the hot air balloon flight we did over Florida, I thought I add myself.   I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp onto the basket and added a few chipboard embellishments to finish off. 


Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

Sue
Great results.
It requires a lot of patience to paper weave.
Wishes
Lynne