Sunday, 21 August 2011

The Good Old Days

Between work and family commitments I've also had to clear my little corner of craft land to make way for the new window, although work hasn't started yet so fingers and legs crossed it will soon.  The problem is everything has been stacked up in the opposite corner of the room which makes any kind of crafting a challenge, still never let it be said I didn't try.  Of course the lure of some new stamps helps and I've been playing with some of the new Crafty Individuals stamps which I received recently with a magazine subscription.

I inked the white card blank with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge,then  stamped the image CI - 325 onto the matt side of some brown parcel paper using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed in black.  Once mounted onto black cardstock I used a Crop-a-Dile to punch and insert the eyelets in the corners.  I heat embossed the sentiment and matted and layered as the image and then mounted both on the card with foam pads.

I have heat embossed on brown parcel paper a lot and really like the effect.  Usually I use the shiny side which when heated, takes on an almost translucent effect like greased proof paper.  It's good to experiment with different textures and finishes, especially for masculine cards and I think the brown paper works particularly well for this. 

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

stampdiva said...

What a great card you created with CI's new stamp.
I've had lots of fun with that stamp as it is so versatile.
Wishes
Lynne