Sunday, 3 July 2011

DT Call at Our Creative Corner

Yep there's another DT call at Our Creative Corner which closes on 8th July.  Here's the link if you fancy trying for it. http://www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/


Having to produce something which typifies my style I think is quite difficult because I like to embrace a variety of techniques and styles: vintage, modern, minimalist, heat embossing, stamping, layering etc.  However, when I looked at some of the projects I've produced I think there are two fairly constant design styles that run through them.  Firstly, I tend to use only 2 or 3 complementary/contrasting colour schemes, choosing variable shades of the same colour and this is true of cards for men as well.  Secondly, there are usually flowers of some kind somewhere on a feminine piece.  These two themes occur regularly on my cards, scrapbook pages, altered pieces etc.  So, I guess I do have a 'style' after all.  Anyway, here's my entry.

The image is a Clarity stamp, recently bought and used for the first time.  It's a lovely Art Nouveau image and I immediately knew I wanted to mount her on a narrow piece of silver mirror card.  I used a Fiskars lace edge punch for the layered paper with a nice dark blue ribbon under the mounted image.  Then I layered the Prima paper flowers and added a small gem to each one.  You can clearly see my signature 'style' in the varied shades of blue and pale green.

I'd love to be part of the DT at Our Creative Corner so fingers crossed.

Blogger Templates

3 comments:

stampdiva said...

Sue this is so elegant.
Wishes
Lynne

Kim B said...

Smashing cards and I do love that orange and yellow combo. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

Kristin said...

I love your style and can relate to having more than one... This card is do deco, I love the image and the embossing. Very cool! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC! Good luck with the DT call!