Monday, 18 July 2011

A Butterfly House for the Craft Room Challenge

The theme for the current challenge this month at Craft Room is Butterflies.  Here's the link if you want to enter http://www.craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.com/ 

Here's my take on it.  A Butterfly House.

I used a mini wooden birdhouse from Crafty Individuals and covered it in a pale pink spotty paper, using Glossy Accents.  I then toned the colour down with a coat of cream acrylic paint.  I die cut some long 12" vine from a kind of abstract vine patterned paper by Dream Street Papers. I used my old Quickutz Revolution and a cookie cutter border die, Leafy Vine.  Next I cut some of the vine lengths into shorter pieces and stuck these over the roof of the house, using the left-over leaf cut-outs to form petals as well.  I took the longer pieces and glued these so they would hang down, adding to the overgrown feeling of the butterfly house.

Next I stuck some small paper flowers on the roof and on some of the hanging vines and finally added some lovely die cut butterflies.  When everything was dry, I curled some of the vines and shaped the flowers and butterflies to add dimension.


Blogger Templates

10 comments:

jackid said...

Oh Sue this is beautiful stunning amazing I love it you clever girl you but it really is beautiful
Jacki xx

Zoechaos said...

Stunning! utterly wonderful just love this. thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge and good luck in the draw. XOXO Zoe

hazel said...

A stunning piece - I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Kim B said...

Just beautiful!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow ! This is amazing totally gorgeous project and very effective indeed, well done you.

Marie

Esther said...

This is just gorgeous...love the trailing leaves and flowers...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

Debi said...

so pretty Sue :-) love all the butterflies, Thanks for joining us at Craft Room challenge, debi x

Mervi said...

Hei Sue, just gorgeous project,
adorable!

Thanks for playing with us at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Spyder said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!!! aw, I have a little n=house like this....hmmmm it's actually fallen into the pond and has been there a few weeks...it might dry out! This looks so pretty!
(Lyn)

Maria said...

Congratulations Sue! Maria x