Thursday, 23 June 2011

A Male Card - What a Challenge

Yes, I find male themed cards a challenge.  I suppose because I don't have many men to make cards for, it's always feminine, girly cards that I have to make and let's face it, because I'm the same gender the ideas flow far more easily. 

This is my entry for the June card challenge over at Crafts on the Net, where we had a sketch to follow.  I really did try and keep away from male stereotypes, but it's really, really hard.  Honest.  Anyway, here's my offering.  Not quite, golf, football or DIY but sadly, not far off and could equally be a card for a girl.


I die cut the image using my Gypsy to weld together the images which are from the Indie Art cartridge.  I mounted the centres of the guitars on 3D foam pads to make them stand out and give some dimension.  The corner brads are actually stationery split pins:  I much underused crafting item.  I cut the wavy line ribbon strips using my Carl cutter and added a couple of small gold gems to the guitars and bottom ribbons to finish off.
Blogger Templates


2 comments:

jackid said...

Sue this is fantastic love it what a great male card I struggle with them too so I know how you feel but you have done yourself proud with this one
Jacki xx

stampdiva said...

Hi Sue
You might not make many male cards but it doesn't stop you from making a fantastic masculine card.
Wishes
Lynne