Wednesday, 8 June 2011

The Last of the Tiles

Yep!  Here they are, the last of the tiles made using air dry clay. 

I'm really pleased with the way they've all turned out.  Not perfect, full of wrinkles and misshapen but looking rustic and yes, home-made.  I don't see the point of producing something that looks as perfect as a shop-bought one.  Why not just go to the shops but then that's me. 

Now all this messing around with air dry clay has left me hankering after the days when I used to use real clay and throw pots on a wheel.  Sounds great doesn't it.  I wasn't that good but I could produce a fairly even sided pot or jug shape.  Problem is time.  Like everyone else there just aren't enough hours in a day, days in a week, weeks in a month and so on.  So, I might get some more air dry clay and see what I can make, pot wise.  I'll let you know if it's worth looking at.  In the meantime, here they are.






The birds and the tree stamp were complimentary gifts from Crafty Individuals with a larger order.  The fob watch and sentiment was a free stamp with the February issue of Craft Stamper Magazine.

If you want to try these for yourself see Tutorials on the side bar for instructions and tips.

Blogger Templates


2 comments:

lynne said...

Sue
A brilliant idea and stamped to perfection.
Wishes
Lynne

Anji said...

Hi Sue.
Love your site - it's soooo mature girlie. I've got some air dry clay here sitting idle, time to put it to use!