Tuesday, 14 June 2011

The Crafty Individuals June Challenge

Yet another challenge, this time at Crafty Individuals, http://www.craftyindividualsblog.blogspot.com/,  where the theme this month is 'vintage with a heart'.  To enter you have to use at least one of their products but I've used 3 of their stamps to create my Hollywood inspired card.

The backing paper is from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Vintage Shabby paper collection.  I die cut the hearts using my Cricut and Cindy Loo cartridge and lightly inked these using VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria. I also used this to ink the edges of the backing paper and the hearts as well. 

Using CI-017 I stamped the large heart using gold StazOn to give the look of an old letter.  The image of the man and woman is from a stamp that has the words Dancing Lessons on it (sorry but I've lost the code for that one).  Having stamped this onto white card using Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge, I cut out the couple and lightly swiped the Perfect Plumeria around the edges to blur the image slightly.

The word 'forever' is part of another Crafty Individuals' stamp with a lost number and I heat embossed this using bronze powder and used a PaperMania Embossing Marker to make the dots around the heart and  heat embossed these as well.

Finally I added the ribbon and the mother-of-pearl buttons to finish the card.
Blogger Templates

4 comments:

stampdiva said...

This is really pretty.
Wishes
Lynne

Jean Hardy said...

Pretty card Sue! Thanks so much for entering. Jean

jackid said...

Sue it's beautiful it really is I am so glad you are getting into the challenges they are fun to do and some of them make you step out of your comfy zone but this is beautiful
Jacki xx

jo said...

Beautiful card Sue! I love the colours!