Saturday, 11 June 2011

Craft Room's First Challenge

Here is my entry for the first challenge from Craft Room.  The theme is 'Anything goes' and it closes at 8pm on Monday 13th June.  Click on the links on the sidebar for the Craft Room Challenge blog and the
Craft Room online shop.


As Father's Day is on the horizon, I thought I would make a male card and I used two Crafty Individuals' stamps. 

First I heat embossed the ship image, CI-295, onto wood patterned paper and then tore round the edges.   I used Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge to colour the card and the rough edges of the image.  Next I used bronze powder to heat emboss elements from the watch face stamp, CI -255, onto the card.  I used small post-it notes to mask off the images from the stamp that I didn't want, inked the image and then removed the post-it notes before stamping.  A few metal watch parts completed the card.

Blogger Templates

7 comments:

jackid said...

Sue I love this card it's a bit steam punky too great male card will email you in a bit
Jacki xx

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful card love that image perfect for a Fathers Day card. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge, good luck XOXO Zoe

Nikki Byrne said...

Great male card, love the nautical theme and colours. Thank you for joining our first challenge at craft room challenge. Nikki Dt

hazel said...

A fabulous card Sue. I love all your elements and how you've put them together. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Maria said...

Fantastic card. I love the colouring and the image is fab. Good luck, and thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Esther said...

Great card for Father's day Sue - love the colours and distressing..Thanks for joining our first Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous male card!

Thanks for sharing this with us at
Craft-Room Challenge, welcome again tomorrow with our new theme;-))m