Saturday, 14 May 2011

New Challenge Blog, Candy and DT Call - All Your Christmases At Once!!

I've just discovered a new challenge blog called Craft Room. 

http://www.craft-roomchallenge.blogspot.com/ 

or click on the links in the sidebar to go straight to the on line shop or the challenge blog.

They are starting a fortnightly challenge with the winner receiving a £10 voucher to spend in their lovely
on line store.  They've  a great selection of everything you could want for all your creative projects, so check it out.

As part of their challenge blog they have put out a DT call and are looking for crafters with a variety of styles.  By now you're thinking, Ooh! I could do that, so click the link and have a look at the requirements. I've decided to take the plunge and try for  the DT as well.

Now I wouldn't say I have a particular style - yet.  I'm still evolving as a crafter and am willing to embrace a number of styles and techniques for altered art, ATCs, cards, scrapbooking, mini books and more.  So if I'm really lucky, the lovely people at Craft Room will think that's a good thing.  Anyway, here are examples of  some of my projects.


I made this notebook using a favourite stamp, inking and heat embossing on brown parcel paper and corrugated cardboard packaging.



Again, I used a mixture of techniques here:  Heat embossing, die cuts, painting, inking and layering to produce a nice little canvas.

The colours of my daughter's 'T'shirt just sang out to be scrapped.  I made all the flowers to co-ordinate with the papers, die cut the titles and inked and tore paper to my heart's content.

I would love to be part of the new Craft Room Design Team, bringing some different ideas to the table and helping to create a really interesting and inspiring challenge blog, full of ideas for how to use all those lovely paper crafting goodies you have.

Here's hoping and to anyone else who decides to go for it, good luck!

Blogger Templates


5 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Thank you for your interest in our new challenge and DT. You certainly have a range of lovely work here, for now GOOD LUCK XOXO Zoe

lynne said...

Hi Sue
The book is stunning. As a fan of CI products I am always interested to see what other crafters are creating.
Wishes
Lynne

craft-roomjulia said...

Thanks for entering our new challenge and DT. You have some really interesting and varied samples on show. We wish you lots of luck.
Julia x

Debi said...

hey Sue, I love all 3 of your projects, but I especially like the book and the scrap page :-)

blackdragon said...

I love all these projects...good luck with the call.
lynx