Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Kitchen Craft

I mentioned last week that I was experimenting with heat embossing and stamping onto tin foil.  I like finding different surfaces and textures to play around with and as everything gets more expensive it's a real bonus to be able to make use of this relatively inexpensive kitchen item.

I tried using different colours such as bronze, red and blue but found black was the only colour that really noticed on the tin foil so I decided to make a Father's Day card as the metallic finish seemed to suit a more masculine card.

I cut a large rectangle of tin foil and then using an old painting brush, I brushed randomly across the surface of the foil to give it more texture.  Then I used black StazOn and stamped onto the tin foil using this lovely stamp from Crafty Individuals, CI-255.

I know it doesn't look like tin foil but I just couldn't get the angle right to eliminate reflection.

Next I made a black greeting card and mounted the foil panel onto the front, offset to the left.  Next I cut a smaller rectangle of black card to layer on top and drew a border round this using a silver Pen Touch and a metal ruler.  Onto this piece of card I stamped part of the above image using VersaMark and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder and mounted onto the foil backing using adhesive squares to give dimension.  I also embossed two more single watch faces onto tin foil, using black embossing powder and cut these out to stick on as a final layer.


The sentiment was heat embossed using silver powder and the card was finished.  You can see in this picture that the clear embossing on the small piece of card adds further dimension. 

I was pleased with the results and would definitely use this again as a matting and layering element.
Blogger Templates


No comments: