Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Happy Birthday In A Different Style

Here's the card I made for Jacki's birthday as part of the Crafts on the Net birthday swap.  Not my usual style because I've been making a real effort to try something different and for the first time I've used lots of die cuts that I bought as part of a kit.  Usually I feel as though I'm cheating a bit if I don't make the toppers myself but I was pleased with the card and I stuck to Jacki's favourite colour combo of pink and black so I hope she liked it too.


Although most of the elements are from the kit, I did die cut the 2 silver mirri board scalloped circles using a Spellbinders die and my old Quickutz Revolution die cutter.  The patterned paper, as regular followers will probably have noticed, is my favourite Imaginisce, Black Tie Optional - Kitsch'n Floral paper which I understand they are no longer producing.  Luckily I snapped up the last few sheets from local paper craft shop but I'll have to eke it out so it lasts as long as possible.

If you're interested in the die cut embellishments they are from a Docrafts Kit (a brand I've never bought before) called Pampered Pets.  If you want something with lots of cats and dogs then this could be for you but as you can see from the card, not everything is animal related.  I liked the images and the very soft colours and thought it versatile enough to be used for a range of projects.

Finally, congratulations to all those who made the Craft Room Challenge Blog Design Team.  I wasn't lucky this time but I look forward to seeing what the challenges are.
Blogger Templates


1 comment:

lynne said...

You say this is not your usual style but you know what, you pulled this off. Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne