Saturday, 21 May 2011

Girls, Girls, Girls

Here are my swap cards for the May ATC swap at CRAFTYMESS (see sidebar for link)  The theme was simply 'Girly' so naturally I started with my one of my favourite colour combinations, pink and black.


For this one I used elements from a free stamp but I'm afraid I've forgotten which magazine it came with.

This was a free stamp with the September 2010 issue of Craft Stamper Magazine.  I masked off the writing at the bottom of the stamp with a small post-it note, inked with black StazOn and then removed the mask and stamped onto the paper.  I used the black lace as a veil to give an air of mystery to the face.  The background is my own stamp made from Speedy Carve.  It's only tiny but it has been useful for many projects and as I wanted a faded look I double-stamped the image. 



This sweet little image arrived in my goody bag as part of the stamped images swap on Crafts on the Net, so I have Gill to thank for this one. 

I used minimal colour and then heat embossed selected areas of the dresses using silver embossing powder and a Papermania embossing pen.  I also used the pen to write the word 'Sisters', for drawing the heart and the border which were all embossed with silver.

If you fancy swapping Artist Trading Cards you'll find a monthly themed swap at Crafts on the Net and CRAFTYMESS.  Both have links on the sidebar.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

lynne said...

Hi Sue
Lucky people who receive any piece of art from you.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. Have just read the comment you left about my painting. It has really touched me the way friends of my Blog have left the most heartwarming of comments, you included. Maybe I will find her a new home ... outwith the attic :)