Saturday, 30 April 2011

Look! A Loch

Last Sunday we went to Spittal of Glenshee and walked to Loch Beanie, a round trip of about 4.5 miles.  The walk there was lovely with only a few cows and sheep wandering along the hillsides.  When we got to the loch there was a lone fishermen in his boat and not another soul for miles.  All we heard were the birds and the rustling of the bushes in the breeze, with spectacular views across the hills and the loch itself.

We took quite a few pictures and then we sat by the loch to have our lunch.  I painted a quick little watercolour of the view to use as the basis of a better, more accurate picture at home later in the year. 


Here's my little watercolour but I may use acrylics when I paint it properly. 



I have a lovely little Cotman watercolour pocket paint set that Keith bought me a couple of years ago with 1/4 pans of watercolour, a brush, water bottle and mixing palettes.  It's perfect for outdoors but I find getting the water right is difficult with pans, so I have left this until I repaint it when I'll use tubes of paint instead.  Then the photos will be helpful for reference.

Blogger Templates


No comments: