Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Let's Mix It Up A Bit

If you popped on here over the weekend you will have noticed that I had several blog backgrounds over about 4 days.  Yes I fancied a change.  I really liked the background with the Victorian boot but I didn't feel it was really me. 

As I'm a big fan of Itkupilli, see the sidebar button, I really wanted to have one of her gorgeous backgrounds and headers and so after trawling through several pages of sumptuous free blog stuff I picked 2 or 3 that I really liked.  I uploaded all of them and took time to go back and look at the page over a day or so until I finally settled on this one.

If you're looking for something a bit different then check out Itkupilli's site.

What else have I been up to?  Well I've been experimenting with stamping and heat embossing onto tin foil and have been quite pleased with the results.  The problem is taking a good enough picture to post on here because being tin foil you get light reflecting back into the lens but I'll  persevere and see if I can get a decent photo.  What I've discovered though is that black embossing powder shows up best.

In the meantime here the April ATC cards for the Crafts on the Net swap which had a theme of knitting this month.





I made the little knitting needles out of cocktail sticks, cutting the pointed ends off and the quote in the top card came from Quote Garden.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: