Sunday, 20 March 2011

Mini Canvas Art

Here's a little project using bits and bobs I had lying around and a mini canvas, measuring 10cm X 10cm and an easel stand. The canvas and easel and the rubber stamps were all from Crafty Individuals.
  • First I painted the canvas, including the sides with acrylic paint mixed to a pale beige colour using Titanium White and Burnt Umber then I made the colour darker by adding more brown and randomly painted in different directions over the top right corner. 
  • When this was dry I used a script stamp and gold StazOn ink to stamp onto a piece of  coffee-coloured mulberry paper. When dry I tore round the stamped image and used Glossy Accents to stick this to the top right-hand corner, overlapping the edges and  placing another small, torn piece to the bottom left corner.  Then I covered the whole surface with Glossy Accents and allowed to dry.

  • Then I stamped again with the script stamp and VersaMark embossing ink at different angles and heat embossed using Blonde Moments Bronze Lustre embossing powder.  This gave a nice texture all over.
  • I put a piece of dark brown micro mesh across the bottom and stapled this to the back of the canvas frame using an ordinary stationery stapler.
  • Next I used a clear adhesive dot to stick one white filigree leaf to the bottom left corner.
  • Then I stamped a butterfly onto cream card using VersaMark Watermark Ink and heat embossed using the Bronze Lustre embossing powder. I cut across the corner of a die cut frame and glued this to the butterfly.  Then I glued the butterfly and frame onto the canvas using Glossy Accents, overlapping the leaf slightly.  I also put a couple of small pieces of micro mesh over the edges of the butterfly to balance the look of the canvas.
  • Finally, I stuck the last two leaves on using clear glue dots and stained the easel with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in antique linen.

You could use any leftovers pieces to create a similar canvas and include a small photo or other image.
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Crafting Gill said...

Sue this is lovley looks really nice when all put together will you pop on my blog and pick up an award
GIllxx