Monday, 24 January 2011

Yum, Yum!

Louise bought me this lovely little gingerbread house at Christmas and it looked so pretty I left it out as an ornament.  I'm really reluctant to eat it but I know it will go off soon but before we crack it open I had to scrap it.



I inked the edges of the doily, scalloped strips and circles with blue ink to complement the colours of the icing.  I used my Cricut to cut two borders of little houses, the gingerbread men (who else would live in a house like this?) and the title letters.  I hand-wrote my journaling and the date on the pink circles. 
I really like the way it turned out, all icing sugar pink and girly and not one bit of bling in sight.  The little hearts on the circles are the centres from the punched hearts on the scalloped edges.  Waste not, want not.

If you have a Cricut, the cartridges I used were Cindy Loo for the border houses (they're actually bird houses) and the font and Just Because Cards for the gingerbread men.

Blogger Templates


1 comment:

jackid said...

Such a shame you have to eat it it looks lovely well at least you have a momento and I bet it will taste delicious lol
Jacki xx