Sunday, 16 January 2011

Happy Anniversay

For our 21st wedding anniversary Louise, as usual, went hunting for something a little different.  One of the traditional presents is something made from nickel and so, always thinking 'outside the box', she decided to give us two American nickel coins minted in the year we were married.

It was a lovely idea and we were thrilled.  I wanted to display the coins and needed to prop them up to do so but instead of buying coin mounts I made one and here it is.

I cut a small piece of Grungeboard and then drawing round the coins cut out the apertures.  I inked the Grungeboard with StazOn bronze and then using a text stamp, stamped over the top with black StazOn.  I used a corner stamp to finish the look and a small black bow. 

I stuck the Gungeboard to a piece of black card stock which I made into an A frame so it would stand up without collapsing.  Then I pushed the two coins into place and voila!

Blogger Templates

No comments: