Sunday, 19 December 2010

Journal Your Christmas - My Christmas Wish Page

Here's another page from my album for Shimelle Laine's online class.  It is all about my perfect Christmas Day and what it would be like.  I chose to write a letter to the Christmas Fairy stating what my perfect day would be and popped it into the pocket on the right-hand fold-out page.  This pocket was a pre-cut element from a Carol Wilson kit as were the papers used. 

The photo of us was taken earlier this year when Louise wanted a family portrait.  So out came the digi and the tripod and after several false starts this one was acceptable.



I layered the cut out photo with chipboard elements inside the frame to give a cartoon-like background. Then I added  little felt Christmas hats to stick on our heads and added the chipboard stockings, parcels and candy canes with foam squares.  A length of tinsel, some stamped parcels and a few buttons finished the page.

I don't usually leave so much white space on a page in fact this is the first one but somehow it didn't anything else.  I'll certainly try and leave more space on future pages although I'm not sure how I'll like it on a larger 12" x 12" page as these are 8" x 8" and 8" x 4"

Well as I finish typing this post, we have had another day of snow.  The roads around about are not great and in fact we abandoned a trip out of town this morning because of the road conditions.  I hope this is the last of it now as we still need to get shopping., bring family home and go to work.

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments: