Thursday, 30 December 2010

Here Comes 2011

Here we are again about to enter into a new year and a new decade.  Yes, 2011 is almost upon us and as we say farewell to 2010, what are your thoughts on that year?  Was it a good year for you, did you achieve any of the things you wanted to?  This time of year certainly makes me look back at the good bits, I prefer not to give the low points any consideration at all.  They are gone, done and dusted and nothing can change that.

As for me I did achieve two of my goals for 2010.  I decorated the lounge and our bedroom and although I was exhausted by the time I finished I was also jubilant that they were no longer on my long decorating 'To Do List'.  Other highlights included visiting the Al Hambra in Spain and at work successfully, I think, coping with the change of staff in my department.

As for the new year, I never make resolutions because they inevitably fall by the wayside.  Instead I make a mental note of one or two things I would like to achieve or succeed in for the coming months.  If I manage these I am pleased.  If I manage these and go on to achieve more then I'm elated.

Whatever your thoughts at the moment, I wish you and yours a wonderful New Year.  See you in 2011 and may it be a good one for us all.
Blogger Templates


1 comment:

jackid said...

Totally agree with you on resolutions waste of time but you have made me think of a few things with what you said any way take care and have a fantastic new year
Love to you and yours
Jacki xx