Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Traditional or Modern?

Usually I paint watercolour cards at Christmas but because I've been busy decorating at home my painting has fallen by the wayside.  Still, a good opportunity to try something new and I've been working on a couple of ideas, both of which have turned out better than I thought. 

For this design I wanted to use some text and so opted for a fairly traditional style, layering the elements to give dimension.  I used a stylised script stamp in gold for the main card and torn element and then over stamped the main card with 'Jingle Bells' and the torn element with Santa's sleigh.  All the stamps I used are from Crafty Individuals.  

I die cut the 'Noel' letters using my Revolution and Quickutz Rockstar Cookie Cutter alphabet.  I edged the letters with gold pen and when dry covered them with Glossy Accents to give them a nice sheen.



My other design has a more modern feel and is a cleaner, more minimalist style and I'll post that one later.

Blogger Templates


No comments: