Sunday, 21 November 2010

Something for Everyone, a Gift Tag Tonight! (It's an old song but I couldn't resist)

Hi Folks.  Sorry I haven't posted for a few days but I've had a very hectic week, working two late nights and then feeling unwell. However I'm much better now and at long last can post some of the Christmas Tags I mentioned a while ago. 

I took each one and temporarily stuck it to a wrapped present so you can see how they look, so ignore the small piece of  Blue Tak on each label.  Here we go. 



For a sophisticated look I used a Nestabilities Scalloped Die, cutting three sizes of circle, two from silver mirror board to match the wrapping paper and one from Imaginisce Black Tie Optional, Kitsch'n Floral.


Here's one for the recyclists (I think I just made that up) amongst us.  I cut a rectangle from a box and tore off part of the top layer of paper then randomly brushed some gold StazOn across the surface .  A few silver snowflakes made using my Quickutz Snowflake die and a piece of string threaded through the hole finished it off.


I used my Quickutz Tag die to cut two different sized tags, one from plain card and one from corrugated.  The flower is layered up using the Quickutz  Daisy die in silver and red mirror board. I used Stickles Xmas Red to edge round the smaller die.



For something a little more traditional I used gold StazOn again and a Script stamp from Crafty Individuals.  The Merry Christmas label is fixed with large foam pads to give dimension.


Last but not least, I used a piece of left-over tartan ribbon to make a rosette by stitching loosely along one edge and then drawing the stitches up to form a circle and securing.  I glued this onto a scalloped Nestabilities circle in red mirror board and then placed a button in the centre using Glossy Accents.

You've probably guessed by now that I like large tags even on smallish gifts but I hope you like some of these ideas.  Tags are easy to make and use up lots of the little bits of card and paper you have left over, not to mention all those short pieces of ribbon.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates



1 comment:

jackid said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling to well Sue and glad you are ok now I think it's the yukie weather we're having it's catching everyone love the tags very festive
Jacki xx