Saturday, 27 November 2010

It's in the Bag

I found a small plain white paper carrier bag amongst my stash the other day and decided to decorate it for a Christmas gift.  You can buy these from craft shops or online in white or brown and with a little creative thinking and some left-over bits and pieces, you can produce the ideal gift bag in the recipient's favourite colours or to co-ordinate with the gift.



I decorated this one for a gift for my daughter who likes shades of purple.  First I cut a strip of patterned paper from Bo-Bunny's Back to Backs paper Peacock Lane Flowers, then edged the top using a Fiskars lace punch.  I used a wooden template to cut the Christmas Tree from a co-ordinating piece of paper and finished off with some foam snowflakes and purple gems.  The bag originally had string handles so I replaced these with lilac ribbon and made a gift tag to complement the bag.  The finished bag has a new lease of life and a modern twist on traditional designs. 
Since completing this one I found another gift bag which I'm working on and will post this in a few days too.  The current bag had a shop logo on it but by carefully placing an embellishment over this it can be re-used,  so you don't even have to buy new gift bags.  What more could you ask for; creative fun and  money-saving ideas at the same time.

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

jackid said...

Hi Sue this is fabulous and I'm sure your daughter will love it too great idea for using little bits of paper
Jacki xx