Tuesday, 16 November 2010

I Think I See A Pattern!!!!!

I've just realised that I have been using the same format for making cards for the birthday card swap.  It's funny how you think you have made each one different and you're really pleased with all of them when they are finished and then you start to look back at previous cards and it hits you:  the same basic card with different embellishments.

Here is the latest card I made and if you look back at older posts you will see what I mean.



Torn pieces of paper, layered up with inked edges, gems and flowers.  OMG!  It's like a production line.  The problem is we all get into safe mode, a comfort zone of design and elements and it's hard to break from that. 

Over on the Crafts-on-the-Net Forum there is a brilliant monthly card challenge which would be perfect for breaking this cycle but unfortunately at the moment I can't commit the time.  You should check it out as the ladies that run this are great and you'll see some amazing cards, especially this month where the challenge is Shape Cards.  As soon as I have a bit more time I'll take part in a challenge but I'll need to work hard to achieve a similar standard.

Maybe this will be my New Year's Resolution.  Okay, okay I know it's only November but it would be a good one along with, go out for lunch somewhere different once a month, try a different recipe once a week, do more baking, painting, scrapbooking..............  Hold on. I think I see another pattern here!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates