Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Growing Up at Christmas

This is a mini-album I made a while ago from the free CDs you sometimes get with the papers. Yes that's right, the ones that came in the cardboard covers I used for earlier projects! 
I wanted to make a small but unusual mini-album for Christmas photos of my daughter from toddler to twenty.


I covered each side of the CDs in my chosen papers, taking care to match facing sections and when dried, sanded the edges for a neat finish.  My trusty Crop-A-Dile punched the binding holes with ease and I made the heart from chipboard and added a Christmas charm and ribbons. 

 I embellished the pages with felt, patterned papers, buttons and ribbon.  There is little journaling and some pages only have the year the photo was taken and my daughter's age but as the photos are in chronological order they tell the story.
 
This would make a nice gift for the grandparents at Christmas and it's a way of using up some of those little scraps you have left over.  I used 4 CDs but you could use as many as your chosen binding method allows.






As you can see, I kept the circular theme of the CDs going with circular embellishments on the pages and of course the buttons reinforced this.  In case you're wondering, the felt went through my Quickutz Revolution die cutter no problem and it adds a lovely tactile dimension to the finished project.

Blogger Templates


No comments: