Wednesday, 24 November 2010

A Christmas Page

I haven't posted any scrapbook pages lately so as it will soon be Christmas (you can't ignore it anymore) here is a page I did a couple of years ago. 

I wanted to record very simply the Christmas traditions that my daughter has come to enjoy year after year since she was a toddler.  The kind of family traditions that I enjoyed as a child and that hopefully, one day, she will enjoy with her family. I wanted her to be the focus so decided  to use one picture cut to look like a Christmas bauble with very little journaling, other than to note those special activities that can only be enjoyed once a year.


I cut the Christmas Trees on the left from patterned paper and layered a couple of them with foam pads and cut the triangular shapes on the left and pieced together to make another tree.  The background paper was made by cutting different widths of green card stock using the Carl Cutter Wavy line. 

After completing this page I decided to do another one to make a double page layout and used the same colour theme.  I'll post a picture of the other page next week.

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

1 comment:

jackid said...

Hi Sue pop over to my blog there is something for you
xx