Friday, 22 October 2010

A Place worth Visiting

I said in a recent post that I had visited the wonderful Alhambra in Granada, Spain during a recent holiday and I have picked a few of the many photographs we took to show how beautiful it is. 

It is well worth a visit but you must book tickets in advance as numbers entering are strictly monitored.  You book for either the morning or afternoon and will need about 5 - 6 hours to see everything.  We were advised to arrive in the morning, park our car at the Alhambra car park, collect our tickets and then walk down to Granada which took about 20 minutes.  I'm glad we took the advice it meant we weren't rushed, had no worries about parking and saw something of the city as well.

The buildings and the carvings are just breathtaking and the first picture shows part of the detail on the walls of the Nasrid palaces.  I want to make some small decorative tiles from air-dry clay and this detail has given me some inspiration for a pattern.  I'll let you know how that turns out.








No comments: