Tuesday, 14 September 2010

My Dad

I promised some more pictures of my vintage scrapping, so here is a double page layout from the album I made for my sister about our parents.  Both pages are devoted to my dad John. 

I used chocolate brown and faded light brown papers to complement the old black and white photos and particularly the one of dad sitting on the front of his car which now has an almost sepia tone to it. 

I typed the newspaper cutting myself.  It was background information on Airfix, the company he worked for most of his working life.  Once typed into columns, I aged the paper with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen and tore the edges and inked them to match.  I used a piece of micro mesh on the right-hand page and adhered vintage peel-off letters to spell Jack, the name he was known by at work.

The layout worked really well and is one of my favourites.

Blogger Templates



Blogger Templates

1 comment:

jackid said...

Lovely work sue really nice