Thursday, 2 September 2010

Birthday Card with a Difference

While sorting out all the pictures I have on my laptop I found the photos of the birthday card I made for my sister last year. I wanted to create something different and while flicking through my folder of saved projects from old magazines I found the perfect answer.  A great project from the August 2009 Scrapbook Inspirations magazine by Shirley Toogood  'A 1930's Family Story.  I decided to adapt the idea to become A Box of Birthday Quotes
.

For quotes I use Quote Garden.  Here is the link:  http://thequotegarden.com/

This site is really easy to use as all the quotes are listed alphabetically and there are loads to choose from, for almost  every occasions.  Obviously I picked  quotes about sisters and mine was really chuffed to receive something so personal.




I love these papers and have used them for a lot of projects.  They are Imaginisce papers, Black Tie Optional: Kitsch'n Floral and Cut and Dried.

Once I had worked out what size the panels were going to be it was easy to cut away the squares at each corner and score and fold the straight lines.  Lots of die cut flourishes, a few paper flowers and some Stickles gave the finishing touch.

Oops!  Somehow I've lost my signature from this post and can't retrieve it. 

1 comment:

jackid said...

What a lovely project brilliant idea I love thoe papers too.speak to you Tats 4 Now
xx Jacki xx