Friday, 6 August 2010

What else can you do with a cardboard CD case?

Here's another idea for those free CD cases. This time I used a single cardboard case to make a picture frame.  I could have used a piece of chipboard instead but I wanted to create a raised aperture for my photo, like a real frame and decided to use Grungeboard.  On its own, this would not be rigid enough to stand but glued to the front of the CD case, it was perfect. 



I covered the case in plain red card stock and, cut a piece of Grungeboard to fit the front and cut the aperture.  I inked all over the Grungeboard randomly with red StazOn and then again with StazOn Metallics in gold.  I inked all the edges, including the aperture and when dry stuck my photo on the back of the Grungeboard and then stuck the whole thing to the front of the case using Glossy Accents. 



I took another piece of the same card stock and made an 'A' frame stand at the back, using Glossy Accents to glue the elements together.  A stamp of a cat and some wording plus die cut lettering for my cat's name and a couple of little embellishments finished it off nicely.

This is a quick way of personalising your home with the frames being made to match not only the colours but  the textures of each room.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: