Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Make It Your Own

If you don't want to make your own scrapbook albums you can still customise ready-made ones.  I bought this albums a couple of years ago  (sorry, can't remember the make, possibly DCWV but it's probably not made anymore anyway) as a vintage album for scrapping pictures of my parents to give to my sister for her birthday.  Whilst the cover conveyed exactly the right message, I felt it needed something extra.



I found a picture of a clock face which I printed out and then photocopied onto acetate and stuck this over one of the clocks on the actual cover to highlight it.  I used K&Co., Vintage style letter stickers by Brenda Walton to put the word family on the left and then added two rows of assorted buttons which I bought loose from a local craft shop. 

That was all the cover needed and the buttons on the front were a theme used on some of the pages as well.  Look out for some of these which I will post over the coming weeks, although the photographs are not the best I've taken.  I didn't take the pages out of the sleeves!  I learned my lesson there.  But if you're thinking of putting together some vintage style pages you may get some helpful ideas.
Blogger Templates


No comments: