Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Insects, Friendship and little pieces of Art!

I am now a member of two monthly ATC swaps, both through craft forums which are great places to get more involved.  Here are pictures of the July Challenges. 


The two on the left were on the theme of 'Insects'.

I Googled the dictionary definition of  insect, printed it, cut it to size, then screwed it up into a little ball so that it was creased and old looking when flattened out.  Then I brushed a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink in antique linen over the top to catch the creases and to smudge some of the text almost making it look enlarged as if viewed through a magnifying glass.  I tore two pieces of co-ordinating paper, inked the edges and stuck these onto my card stock.  I glued the definition over the top and dropped a small piece of cotton twine on the bottom of the card and brushed a coat of Glossy Accents over the entire ATC.

The one on the right is for a continuous theme on 'Friendship'.
 
The flowers are watercolour practice pieces I was working on which I cut out and edged with co-ordinating pink ink.  I cut the dotty paper slightly smaller than the ATC card, rounded the edges of both with my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper and stuck them together with double-sided tape.  I printed the quote from Quote Garden, a really useful website; well organised into themes, with lots of choice.  I glued a piece of ribbon around the top layer of card and stuck this to the bottom card.  I stuck the small carnation on with dimensional glue.  Finally the quote went at the bottom to finish the card off.

If you want to check out  the website for quotes, go to:  http://www.quotegarden.com/

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: