Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Heritage Scrapbooking - Not too tricky

I promised you some pictures of a heritage album I made for my sister's birthday a couple of years ago so here is a double page.

The pictures are of our mother, we think from the early 1940s and although in colour, the tone is more sepia.  I wanted to reflect the vintage look of the pictures so opted for muted colours in pale pink, violet and soft brown.


For the page on the left I used a paper doily cut in half for the border which I inked in pink and covered with pink swirls die cut using a Quickutz Flourish die.  The background paper was an embossed rose pattern that just screamed 1940s.
For the facing page I chose paper to match the colour of my mother's coat and echoed the old look of the clothes with some mother-of-pearl buttons. I finished it off with a cream-coloured lace brooch in the bottom left corner.  This was simple to make by taking a length of lace and pleating it 4 times.  I pushed a brad into the bottom of the sections to hold them together and once attached to the page, fanned the lace out.

Blogger Templates


2 comments:

Louise said...

I like the colours you've chosen, they complement the pictures perfectly.

It's always interesting to see what other people are doing

jackid said...

hi Sue, Dopey me only just realised i'm only following your old blog but i'm here now (that's made your day hasn't it lol) keep up the good worklove seeing your makes speak soon
xxJackixx