Monday, 23 August 2010

And It Only Took A Year!

Yes but now it's finished.  Finally, my Cuban Album is complete.

I decided to make my own album using the Bind-it-All as I wanted to have interactive pages, with hidden journaling, extra photos, back-to-back to flip out and memorabilia that can be removed and reminisced over.

I chose an 8" x 8" size and after punching the binding holes on the pages, I scrapped my photos and memorabilia first. This was because  I wasn't sure exactly how many pages I would need although I did a rough plan on paper first to ensure that facing pages co-ordinated and all the key events were recorded. 

When the pages were finished I made the cover.  I wanted something quite plain and utilitarian to reflect the faded and quite poor state of the country and saved the colours for the pages inside to reflect the people.   I decided to brown parcel paper to for the covers which gave exactly the look I wanted.  I took a plain brown luggage label and stamped the title in large, plain letters and hand wrote the date.  I printed the outline map from the internet and dabbed Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen over it and let it dry.  Then I crumpled it up and wiped over the top with a brown ink pad to catch the creases and add to the aged look.   I used decorative paper photo corners which I also aged using distress ink.



Now we can look through the album and it will bring back some wonderful memories of a country we will definitely visit again.
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: