Saturday, 24 July 2010

Another Crafty Spoonful

As promised here is another altered art wooden spoon. 


First I painted the spoon using a mix of Titanium White and Ultramarine Blue acrylic paint to make a light blue shade. When the paint was dry I glued a piece of narrow blue ribbon on the back as a handle to hang the spoon from and when this was dry I used PVA glue (the one that dries clear) to stick a piece of cream lace across the bowl of the spoon. 

Next I used the PVA  to stick on the wooden hearts.  I bought these ages ago from an international seller on Ebay.  They are really beads with tiny holes drilled either side for threading but they reminded me of Dolly Mixtures and the colours were just right for this spoon.  When the glue was dry I coated the whole spoon, including the beads, with Glossy Accents to give a nice sheen and to seal them because they will be displayed in the kitchen. 

I then took two chipboard hearts and inked them all over in dark blue and then as they were almost dry went over the top with a little pink to give a mottled effect.  I used the PVA glue to stick a button on each heart and when dry, coated them with Glossy Accents.

Finally I punched a hole in the chipboard hearts using my Crop-a-Dile and threaded them with narrow ribbon of different lengths.  I stapled them to the top of the spoon handle, using an ordinary office stapler opened out and then tied a piece of wide blue ribbon around the staples and into a bow to finish off.

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: